Advanced Software Technologies for Post-Peta Scale Computing
The Japanese Post-Peta CREST Research Project
Editors: Sato, Mitsuhisa (Ed.)Free Preview
- Covers research topics ranging from system software to application development support software for exascale computing
- Offers important insights for the further development of exascale computing technologies
- Presents overviews and valuable findings obtained by 14 research teams
Buy this book
- eBook n/a
- ISBN 978-981-13-1924-2
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- About this book
Covering research topics from system software such as programming languages, compilers, runtime systems, operating systems, communication middleware, and large-scale file systems, as well as application development support software and big-data processing software, this book presents cutting-edge software technologies for extreme scale computing. The findings presented here will provide researchers in these fields with important insights for the further development of exascale computing technologies.
This book grew out of the post-peta CREST research project funded by the Japan Science and Technology Agency, the goal of which was to establish software technologies for exploring extreme performance computing beyond petascale computing. The respective were contributed by 14 research teams involved in the project.In addition to advanced technologies for large-scale numerical computation, the project addressed the technologies required for big data and graph processing, the complexity of memory hierarchy, and the power problem. Mapping the direction of future high-performance computing was also a central priority.
- About the authors
Mitsuhisa Sato is a deputy director of the RIKEN Center for Computational Science (R-CCS). He was a professor at the Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba from 2001. He has been working as a director of the Center for Computational Sciences, University of Tsukuba from 2007 to 2013. Since October 2010, he is appointed to the research team leader of programming environment research team in the Advanced Institute of Computational Science (AICS), former R-CCS, which was the organization to run Japanese petaflops facility "K computer". Since 2014, he is working as a team leader of architecture development team in the Japanese FLAGSHIP2020 project to develop the next system of the K computer in R-CCS. He is a professor (Cooperative Graduate School Program) and professor emeritus of University of Tsukuba.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Advanced Software Technologies for Post-Peta Scale Computing
- Book Subtitle
- The Japanese Post-Peta CREST Research Project
- Mitsuhisa Sato
- Springer Singapore
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd.
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- VIII, 317
- Number of Illustrations
- 71 b/w illustrations, 112 illustrations in colour