Feather Boas, Black Hoodies, and John Deere Hats
Discussions of Diversity in K-12 and Higher Education
Editors: Jones, Joseph R. (Ed.)Free Preview
- The book is a must-read for all individuals interested in diversity and inclusion.
- This book contains powerful narratives about acceptance and tolerance.
- Unlike most books on diversity, this book is written by those individuals who are in the trenches of K-12 schools and universities, and can engender powerful conversations.
Buy this book
- eBook $44.99
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-94-6351-215-2
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
In Feather Boas, Black Hoodies, and John Deere Hats, Jones once again challenges our beliefs about difference and acceptance. As one reviewer writes, “through a series of rich narratives, Jones provides examples of attitudes, experiences, and institutional acts that continue to propagate the marginalization of people in our communities. Intertwined within these stories are thoughtfully selected ideas to help us understand that embracing difference, and not merely respecting it, can be the catalyst for real change in all of us.” The book engenders a dialogic space for individuals to grapple with the idea of difference and the importance of inclusion in educational environments, and by extension broader society.
- Table of contents (23 chapters)
Venti Low-Fat Soy, Hold the Whip
Changing Identity While Staying Me
Names and Narratives
Who do You Think You Are?
He’ll Just Spend it on Alcohol
Table of contents (23 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Feather Boas, Black Hoodies, and John Deere Hats
- Book Subtitle
- Discussions of Diversity in K-12 and Higher Education
- Joseph R. Jones
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- CXCII, 10