The Search for Mindful Dialogues
Editors: Tasker, Diane, Higgs, Joy, Loftus, Stephen (Eds.)Free Preview
- This book explores the way mindful dialogues can enhance community-based healthcare.
- The narrative style of its central chapters makes for an engaging read, allowing the reader to feel and better understand the relational nature of healthcare in a community context where many different jobs now exist.
- The book arose out of doctoral research on community-based healthcare and is grounded in the real-life experiences of practitioners, clients and their careers.
Buy this book
- eBook $49.99
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-94-6300-995-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
This is a book for practitioners working in community-based healthcare as well as educators of future practitioners and researchers exploring this practice field and for people with chronic disabilities and their families and carers. The book invites readers to re-think and re-shape the way that community-based healthcare is practised by practitioners and experienced/engaged with by clients/patients and their families and other carers. Based on a PhD study of therapeutic relationships in community healthcare settings in NSW, Australia, and on real-life experiences of practitioners, clients and clients’ families and care givers, this book paints a rich picture of the lived experiences of these participants in community-based healthcare. It examines the issues and challenges they face and the ways they deal with these. Key themes identified across the book are: the value and nature of relationships in this unique healthcare setting, the importance of time and using it well, the way good teamwork facilitates good community-based, patient-centred healthcare, balancing autonomy and equality with healthcare quality, practice wisdom embodied in healthcare, and ways of improving healthcare in clients’ own homes.
- Table of contents (23 chapters)
Constructing Mindful Dialogues in Healthcare
Narrative as a Lens on Practice
Hearing their Voices
A Model for Mindful Dialogues In Community-Based Practice
Table of contents (23 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Community-Based Healthcare
- Book Subtitle
- The Search for Mindful Dialogues
- Diane Tasker
- Joy Higgs
- Stephen Loftus
- Series Title
- Practice, Education, Work and Society
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- CCX, 10
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works and instructor copies are not included.