Rethinking the Public-Private Mix in Higher Education
Global Trends and National Policy Challenges
Authors: Teixeira, P., Kim, S., Landoni, P., Gilani, Z.Free Preview
- The book examines the context of development of private higher education globally, regionally, and nationally.
- The book investigates and analyses trends, factors, and dimensions fuelling the rise of private higher education in a comparative perspective.
- The book analyzes the issues and challenges facing both public and private higher education institutions in the performance of their functions, in a comparative perspective.
Buy this book
- eBook $49.99
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-94-6300-911-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
In recent decades, we have seen the emergence of private higher education as a global reality. Although there are specific reasons for its appearance in each system, there is also a significant degree of commonality in the context and purposes surrounding the rise of private higher education as an important factor in many systems. The analysis of private higher education has tended to be focused at the national level, often highlighting national peculiarities and variations. In this volume the authors move forward by proposing a unifying and coherent, but flexible, theoretical framework that may be applied in different countries and diverse systems. Hence, the overall goal of this book is to provide a framework for a better understanding of the public-private mix of higher education and a set of policy guidelines in dealing with the expansion of private higher education from a comparative perspective. This analytical framework will be applied to four case-studies (Pakistan, Portugal, South Korea and Uruguay). These cases illustrate the diversity of contexts in the development of private higher education, though they also highlight important commonalities. Based on that analysis, we present some general recommendations to build a more effective policy-framework that takes advantage of the private sector in order to fulfill better the missions of the higher education system.
- Table of contents (8 chapters)
Private Higher Education
The Rise of Private Higher Education
Understanding the Public-Private Mix of Higher Education
Public-Private Mix in Higher Education in Pakistan
Regulatory Changes and the Public-Private Mix in Portuguese Higher Education
Table of contents (8 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Rethinking the Public-Private Mix in Higher Education
- Book Subtitle
- Global Trends and National Policy Challenges
- Pedro Teixeira
- Sunwoong Kim
- Pablo Landoni
- Zulfiqar Gilani
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- CLXXXVI, 14
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works are not included.