Writing up Quantitative Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences
Authors: Fallon, FallonFree Preview
- "Infused with multidisciplinary examples, humor, and a healthy dose of irreverence, Writing up Quantitative Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences helps emerging researchers successfully navigate the intellectual and emotional challenges of writing quantitative research reports.
- Emerging researchers learn to construct their report incrementally through a structured, question-based approach designed to be flexibly applied across the social and behavioral sciences.
- The question-based approach is illustrated in sample student-generated research reports that exemplify three major approaches to quantitative research (primary data collection, secondary data analysis, and content analysis) across three disciplinary styles (American Psychological Association, American Sociological Association, American Political Science Association)."
Buy this book
- eBook $49.99
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-94-6300-609-5
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
"The Teaching Writing series publishes user-friendly writing guides penned by authors with publishing records in their subject matter. Infused with multidisciplinary examples, humor, and a healthy dose of irreverence, Fallon helps emerging researchers successfully navigate the intellectual and emotional challenges of writing quantitative research reports. After reinforcing foundations in methodology, statistics, and writing in the first section of the book, emerging researchers work through a series of questions to construct their research report. The final section contains sample papers generated by undergraduates illustrating three major forms of quantitative research – primary data collection, secondary data analysis, and content analysis. Writing up Quantitative Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences is appropriate for research methods classes in communication, criminology or criminal justice, economics, education, political science, psychological science, social work, and sociology. Individual students and novice researchers can also read the book as a supplement to any course or research experience that requires writing up quantitative data. “Fallon brings much-needed accessibility to the daunting world of quantitative methods. Filled with contemporary references to pop culture … key concepts are creatively introduced.” – Diana Cohen, Associate Professor of Political Science, Central Connecticut State University “This book covers the ‘how to’ of writing research projects in a highly engaging manner. Graduate students who are preparing to work on their master’s thesis will get a lot out of this book.” – Damon Mitchell, Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Central Connecticut State University
“Writing up Quantitative Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences is not your typical book. It is a MUST HAVE handbook for students in the social and behavioral sciences …” – Carolyn Fallahi, Professor of Psychological Science, Central Connecticut State University
“Kudos to Fallon for writing a very thorough and readable foundational text for beginning researchers!” – Linda Behrendt, Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies, Indiana State University
Marianne Fallon, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Psychological Science at Central Connecticut State University and has taught undergraduate Research Methods for over 10 years. A recipient of the Connecticut State University Trustees Teaching Award, she has mentored many emerging researchers, several of whom have won local and regional research awards and have published their research."
- Table of contents (12 chapters)
Methodological Elements of Quantitative Research
Statistical Elements of Quantitative Research
Successfully Writing about Quantitative Research (or Anything)
What Question Did You Ask?
What Did You Do?
Table of contents (12 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Writing up Quantitative Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Fallon Fallon
- Series Title
- Teaching Writing
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XVI, 166