- The book teaches key aspects of surgical leadership, including theories as well as practical tips on how to become a good leader
- Detailed examples of how to manage different situations are provided to make the book easily comprehensible
- This book teaches practical management skills for a surgical leader
Buy this book
- eBook $59.99
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-3-319-11107-0
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
How does one become a successful leader? This book teaches the theories and concepts behind leadership and explains the skills and traits needed to become a good leader.
Teaching surgical faculty and trainees (i.e., residents and fellows) how to successfully lead will create more effective surgeon leaders. The skills and theories reviewed in this Volume are highly useful for numerous leadership situations, ranging from heading a committee, leading a research laboratory, directing a clinical effort, leading a Division, leading a Department, among others. By gathering these skills and theories into one comprehensive, portable book, more readers will have access to them.
- Table of contents (16 chapters)
What Is Leadership?
Leadership in Surgery
Are You Ready to Be a Leader? The Ontology of Leadership
Leadership Theories and Styles
Leadership Traits: Are People Born to Lead?
Table of contents (16 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Leadership in Surgery
- Melina R. Kibbe
- Herbert Chen
- Series Title
- Success in Academic Surgery
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer International Publishing Switzerland
- eBook ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- VIII, 201
- Number of Illustrations
- 2 b/w illustrations, 12 illustrations in colour
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works and instructor copies are not included.