- These techniques are introduced from USA in France since 1991 by the author, while developing and studying the corresponding implants and the postoperative period
- The surgical management which makes the links between these different osteotomies has been developed also. About 1000 surgeons in France and around the world are making these techniques, which are always teach
- The interactive CD-ROM contains more than 500 illustrations, 40 movies including 3D animations, 20 operative rushes (of 2 minutes each)
Buy this book
- eBook $74.99
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-2-8178-0780-5
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Louis Samuel Barouk Beams, chevrons, scarf, mortises and tenons, where we achieve a harmonized I balanced arcs and vaults . . . All these architectural terms transversal and longitudinal decompression of the find their meaning in anatomical studies of the forefoot. It's because of this "release" that these foot, the superbly crafted mechanism which techniques are now practically painless for the enables humans to stand upright on just a few patient. square inches. Indeed, the patient has always been at the But it only takes one axis to be misaligned, center of our studies on forefoot reconstruction. one rafter slightly off-beam, and the remarkable We have developed a complete patient-support construction will shift, bringing down the edifice. system that begins with the first consultation This is why, as opposed to some of past when we give patients a guidebook explaining practices, forefoot surgery should be designed all the stages of our footcare approach, through and applied in respect to the overall architecture the surgery and the postoperative care using a of the foot. We must constantly bear in mind footwear system that we have designed and what direct or subsequent consequences surgery developed. This has enabled our patients to will have on a specific part of the foot; in terms recover their autonomy and be self-sufficient in of its static and biomechanical future in the just a few days after their operation. medium to long-term.
Barouk is a combination of Mozart and Monet as he "harmonizes the forefoot", while using gentle strokes to correct a hallux valgus, metatarsal malalignment, or digital deformity. These attributes are transferred to words and illustrations in this outstanding work. Forefoot Reconstruction is a must for any serious foot and ankle surgeon.
Lowell Scott Weil, Sr, DPM, FACFAS, The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Table of contents (4 chapters)
The Main Forefoot Pathologies
Surgical Management in Forefoot Reconstruction
Eight Principles of Forefoot Reconstruction
Table of contents (4 chapters)
Recommended for you
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works and instructor copies are not included.