- An excellent reference for practicing bakers, development technologists, and raw material and ingredient suppliers
- Serves as an essential training tool for students of bakery and food related courses
- Provides a thorough understanding of the many new developments shaping the industry
- Reviews the current state of technical knowledge on breadmaking
- Shows how technology is used to make fermented products around the world
Buy this book
- eBook $129.00
price for USA in USD
- ISBN 978-0-387-38565-5
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
To study breadmaking is to realize that, like many other food processes, it is constantly changing as processing methodologies become increasingly more sophisticated, yet at the same time we realize that we are dealing with a foodstuff, the forms of which are very traditional. New ideas and raw materials are constantly being presented to bakers from wheat breeders, millers and ingredient and equipment suppliers for their evaluation. In addition there are on-going changes in legislation and consumer demands. To meet such pressures bakers must be able to better integrate their key raw material, wheat flour, with other ingredients and processing methods to deliver bread of the appropriate quality.
Technology of Breadmaking, Second Edition, sets out to identify and present the new knowledge that has become available in last 10 years, as well as update information. Like the first edition, it provides a useful tool to help bakers, scientists and technologists to cope with those changes.
About the Authors
Stanley P. Cauvain is the Director and Vice President of Research and Development activities at BakeTran.
Linda S. Young is a Director and Vice President of Knowledge Systemization and Training at BakeTran.
- Table of contents (13 chapters)
Bread – the Product
Mixing and Dough Processing
Proving, Baking and Cooling
Table of contents (13 chapters)
Recommended for you