MySpringer for authors
Please log in to track the publication status of your book or article and enjoy your free eBook. For authors: Request password
Welcome to Bookmetrix
Bookmetrix is a unique platform that Springer Nature developed in partnership with Altmetric. It offers you a comprehensive overview of the reach, usage and readership of your book or chapter by providing various book-level and chapter-level metrics all in one place.
In its latest version, Bookmetrix is extending its scope by providing better insights into the reach and impact of Springer Nature’s various eBook collections. With these new, innovative features, Bookmetrix is adding value by offering detailed information for authors and readers as well as librarians.
Bookmetrix offers a comprehensive overviewTop
Bookmetrix not only offers you a comprehensive overview of your book’s usage and reach, the data provided also helps you
- answer questions from your funder about the broader impact of your work
- demonstrate the engagement surrounding your research
- uncover new audiences and potential collaborators
- find out where your work gets the most attention and from there establish ongoing relationships with key bloggers, policy makers or media outlets
- benchmark your work against other titles or peers in your field
For an overview of the Bookmetrix data sources, please click here.
How to use BookmetrixTop
For every Springer, Palgrave Macmillan and Apress book and chapter you will be able to find the numbers of citations, downloads, book reviews, readers, and the number of online mentions in policy documents, news outlets, Wikipedia entries and social media networks. If available, these metrics are displayed on each book's home page on springer.com, palgrave.com, apress.com and on the individual book and chapter pages on SpringerLink.
- Click here to see an example on SpringerLink.
- From the individual book or chapter page you can access the Bookmetrix book page by clicking on one of the metrics.
- By clicking on one of the metrics again, you can move from the book page to the Bookmetrix details page, which provides you with all detailed numbers for the book and its individual chapters.
Please note: if you use Internet Explorer, the data is only displayed in version 10 or above.
Print/download your book’s report
By clicking the “Get Report” button on a publication’s Bookmetrix details page, you can request a report that gives you the full overview of the annual usage, citations, readership and any other available data. The report will be sent to you immediately by email.
Monthly book update
Sign up to receive monthly alerts on your preferred books. Click the “Subscribe” button on the books’ Bookmetrix details pages to receive a brief overview mail with links to the latest Bookmetrix data for all of your selected books.
Like what you see? – Order books with just a click
Bookmetrix data helps you to decide if a book will be useful for your own work.
If you come to the decision that a particular book meets your needs, click “Get Book” to seamlessly order the book from our webshop.