Synthesis of Optically Active Oxymethylenehelicene Oligomers and Self-assembly Phenomena at a Liquid–Solid Interface
Authors: Sawato, Tsukasa
- Nominated as an outstanding Ph.D. thesis by Tohoku University
- Highlights new chemical phenomena unique to liquid–solid interfaces
- Shares detailed information on various experimental operations and results for chemical reactions at liquid–solid interfaces
- ISBN 978-981-15-3192-7
- ウォーターマーク付、 DRMフリー
- ハードカバー 約 ￥18,251
価格の適用国: Japan (日本円価格は個人のお客様のみ有効) (小計)
- 予定日： May 7, 2020
- ISBN 978-981-15-3191-0
In this book, the author demonstrates that double-helix formation and fibril film formation occur on solid surfaces as a result of the catalytic effect of the liquid–solid interface of the newly synthesized helicene oligomer. In addition, he shows that the double helix produced at the liquid–solid interface can be diffused into a solution to form a self-assembling material by means of mechanical stirring. Both types of formation are new chemical phenomena unique to liquid–solid interfaces not found in solutions.
Detailed results are provided for new chemical reactions at liquid–solid interfaces, and gleaned from experiments performed using synthetic organic molecules. The book offers a useful reference guide to elucidating reaction mechanisms for researchers whose work involves chemical phenomena at a liquid–solid interface.
Dr. Tsukasa Sawato is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Tohoku University. He works on helicene project, and he synthesized several helicene oligomers and examined stimulus responses with emphasis on surface interactions in solution. He received his Bachelor, Master and PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Tohoku University in 2014, 2016 and 2019, respectively. He was awarded a research fellowship for young scientists from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), and was supported by JSPS during his doctoral program.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Synthesis of Optically Active Oxymethylenehelicene Oligomers and Self-assembly Phenomena at a Liquid–Solid Interface
- Tsukasa Sawato
- Series Title
- Springer Theses
- Springer Singapore
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd.
- イーブック ISBN
- ハードカバー ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XII, 81
- Number of Illustrations
- 5 b/w illustrations, 59 illustrations in colour