Modeling, Simulation, Testing, and Measurements of Wireless Communication Systems
A Laboratory-Based Approach
Authors: Arslan, Hüseyin
- Appeal and audience of book: Universities
- Major Benefit: Help understanding concepts, provide future research perspectives, provide intuitive feeling and practical aspects
- University graduate and undergraduate education
- Major Benefit: Help understanding concepts, provides a through overview, providing practical aspects, hands on experience
- Relating different concepts to understand the big picture
- Industrial research
- Major Benefit: Help understanding concepts, provides a through overview, helps the practical aspects for product development
- Industry development, education , marketing, business
- Major Benefit: Provides guidelines for product development, provides practical issues, challenges
- The book is expected to be a reference book that can be used by a varied audience as well as in classrooms
- ISBN 978-94-007-3955-0
- ウォーターマーク付、 DRMフリー
The high demand for communications anywhere and anytime has been the driving force for the development of wireless services and technologies. Wireless technologies and services have evolved significantly over the last couple of decades, from simple paging to real-time voice communication and recently to very high rate data communications. This dramatic change has an effect on society in many aspects, enabling people to communicate in ways unimaginable in the past and contributing to the quality of life that is enjoyed today by many.
In this book, wireless communication systems and concepts are introduced from a practical and laboratory perspective with a goal to provide readers with the experience and knowledge to design, test, and simulate wireless systems (along with wireless circuits) using modern instrumentation and computer aided design software.
Dr. Arslan has received his PhD. degree in 1998 from Southern Methodist University (SMU), Dallas, Tx. From January 1998 to August 2002, he was with the research group of Ericsson Inc., NC, USA, where he was involved with several project related to 2G and 3G wireless cellular communication systems. Since August 2002, he has been with the Electrical Engineering Dept. of University of South Florida. He has also worked for Anritsu Company, Morgan Hill, CA as a visiting professor during the summers of 2005 and 2006.
Dr. Arslan’s research interests are related to advanced signal processing techniques at the physical layer, with cross-layer design for networking adaptivity and Quality of Service (QoS) control. He is interested in many forms of wireless technologies including cellular, wireless PAN/LAN/MANs, fixed wireless access, and specialized wireless data networks like wireless sensors networks and wireless telemetry. The current research interests are on UWB, OFDM based wireless technologies with emphasis on WIMAX and IMT-Advanced, and cognitive and software defined radio. He has served as technical program committee chair, technical program committee member, session and symposium organizer, and workshop chair in several IEEE conferences. He is a member of the editorial board for "Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing Journal" and "Research Letters in Communications". Dr. Arslan is a senior member of IEEE.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Modeling, Simulation, Testing, and Measurements of Wireless Communication Systems
- Book Subtitle
- A Laboratory-Based Approach
- Hüseyin Arslan
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Nature B.V.
- イーブック ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages