Probabilistic Methods in Telecommunications
Authors: Jahnel, Benedikt, König, Wolfgang
- Handles the entire circle that covers problem description, stochastic modeling, mathematical theorems and applications
- A large span of elements of functionalities is covered
- The list of applications reaches the boundaries of contemporary research and opens new horizons for future probabilistic investigations at many edges
- Technicalities are largely omitted, but their nature is concisely explained
- ISBN 978-3-030-36090-0
- ウォーターマーク付、 DRMフリー
- ソフトカバー 約 ￥6,317
価格の適用国: Japan (日本円価格は個人のお客様のみ有効) (小計)
- 予定日： August 2, 2020
- ISBN 978-3-030-36089-4
Probabilistic modeling and analysis of spatial telecommunication systems have never been more important than they are today. In particular, it is an essential research area for designing and developing next-generation communication networks that are based on multihop message transmission technology. These lecture notes provide valuable insights into the underlying mathematical discipline, stochastic geometry, introducing the theory, mathematical models and basic concepts. They also discuss the latest applications of the theory to telecommunication systems.
The text covers several of the most fundamental aspects of quality of service: connectivity, coverage, interference, random environments, and propagation of malware. It especially highlights two important limiting scenarios of large spatial systems: the high-density limit and the ergodic limit. The book also features an analysis of extreme events and their probabilities based on the theory of large deviations. Lastly, it includes a large number of exercises offering ample opportunities for independent self-study.
Dr. Benedikt Jahnel is part of the Research Group "Interacting Random Systems" at the Weierstrass Institute in Berlin, Germany.
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang König is Head of the Research Group "Interacting Random Systems" at the Weierstrass Institute in Berlin, Germany.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Probabilistic Methods in Telecommunications
- Benedikt Jahnel
- Wolfgang König
- Series Title
- Compact Textbooks in Mathematics
- Birkhäuser Basel
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- イーブック ISBN
- ソフトカバー ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number