Authors: Shiryaev, Albert N.
- Collects the two volumes, Probability-1 and Probability-2, that form the third English edition of Shiryaev's classic, Probability
- Synthesizes classical ideas and results with many of the major achievements of modern probability theory
- Offers problems, exercises, proofs, and applications in financial topics and mathematical statistics
- Suitable for a wide variety of graduate courses between the two volumes, including probability for mathematics, statistics, or engineering, as well as a course on random processes
- ハードカバー ￥16,847
価格の適用国: Japan (日本円価格は個人のお客様のみ有効) (小計)
- ISBN 978-3-030-20577-5
This two-volume textbook set presents a systematic treatment of probability from the ground up. It begins with intuitive ideas and gradually develops more sophisticated subjects, such as random walks, martingales, Markov chains, the measure-theoretic foundations of probability theory, weak convergence of probability measures, and the central limit theorem. Numerous detailed examples and exercises are provided throughout. In addition to the thorough presentation of probability, a historical exposition is presented that documents how the mathematical theory of probability has developed.
The two volumes that compose this set together constitute the third English edition of the author’s classic, Probability. The first volume is particularly suitable for a graduate course on probability aimed at mathematics, statistics, or engineering students, and the second volume would be ideal for a graduate course on random process.
Albert N. Shiryaev is Chief Scientific Researcher and Professor of Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics at the Steklov Mathematical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences and Head of the Department of Probability Theory in the Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty at Lomonosov Moscow State University. He is the author of several books, including Problems in Probability [translated by Andrew Lyasov], Optimal Stopping Rules [translated by A.B. Aries], and Statistics of Random Processes [with Robert S. Liptser]. He was the recipient of the A.N. Kolmogorov Prize of the Russian Academy of Sciences in 1994 and the A.A. Markov Prize in 1974.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Albert N. Shiryaev
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- ハードカバー ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXVII, 834