Meaning-Making for Living
The Emergence of the Presentational Self in Children’s Everyday Dialogues
Authors: Komatsu, Koji
- Open Access
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the Presentational Self Theory
- Explores activities that are related to the structure of children's lives and dialectic tensions that are essential for children's meaning construction
- Offers a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary theory of child development
- ISBN 978-3-030-19926-5
- The ebook is not yet available online.
- ソフトカバー ￥2,807
価格の適用国: Japan (日本円価格は個人のお客様のみ有効) (小計)
- 予定日： October 7, 2019
- ISBN 978-3-030-19925-8
This Open Access Brief analyzes the dynamics in which children’s selves emerge through their everyday activities of meaning construction, both in their relationships with family and within school education. It begins with a discussion of new psychological inquiries into children's selves and builds upon the innovative theoretical notion of the Presentational Self, developed by the author over the last decade.
The book illustrates how the observation of children’s meaning construction in their everyday lives becomes a starting point for theoretical and empirical inquiries into child development and gives a framework that promotes new inquiries in this area. The book describes the Presentational Self Theory as a sense of how the notion of the Self is being worked upon in everyday life encounters. Chapters feature in-depth analyses of exchanges between adults and children in the Japanese cultural context.
Meaning-Making for Living will be of interest to researchers and graduate students in the fields of cognitive, social, developmental, educational, and cultural psychology.
Koji Komatsu is an associate professor of psychology at Osaka Kyoiku University. The inquiry into the process of children’s meaning construction and the emergence of their selves presented in this book is the result of his longstanding interest in human development in society. In addition to this subject, he inquires into several topics concerning culture and mind that also describe our meaning construction in mundane lives.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Meaning-Making for Living
- Book Subtitle
- The Emergence of the Presentational Self in Children’s Everyday Dialogues
- Koji Komatsu
- Series Title
- SpringerBriefs in Theoretical Advances in Psychology
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- イーブック ISBN
- ソフトカバー ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XV, 148
- Number of Illustrations
- 13 b/w illustrations, 12 illustrations in colour