The Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics (MedJM) is a publication issued by the Department of Mathematics of the University of Bari. The new journal replaces the Conferenze del Seminario di Matematica dell’Università di Bari which has been in publication from 1954 until 2003.
The Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics aims to publish original and high-quality peer-reviewed papers containing significant results across all fields of mathematics. The submitted papers should be of medium length (not to exceed 20 printed pages), well-written and appealing to a broad mathematical audience.
In particular, the Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics intends to offer mathematicians from the Mediterranean countries a particular opportunity to circulate the results of their researches in a common journal. Through such a new cultural and scientific stimulus the journal aims to contribute to further integration amongst Mediterranean universities, though it is open to contribution from mathematicians across the world.
Mediterr. J. Math.
First published in 2004
1 volume per year, 6 issues per volume
approx. 2200 pages per volume
Format: 15.5 x 23.5 cm
ISSN 1660-5446 (print)
ISSN 1660-5454 (electronic)
AMS Mathematical Citation Quotient (MCQ): 0.50 (2017)
- A publication issued by the Department of Mathematics of the University of Bari
- Features original, high-quality peer-reviewed papers containing significant results across all fields of mathematics
- Presents the work from mathematicians across the world
- Replaces the "Conferenze del Seminario di Matematica dell’Università di Bari" which has been in publication from 1954 until 2003
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Francesco Altomare
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.181 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 0.994 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 77 days
- Acceptance to publication: 10 days
- Downloads: 30,859 (2018)