This journal examines the theory and practice of acquisition, definition, organization, management, and dissemination of digital information via global networking. It emphasizes issues in digital information production, management, and use; high-speed networks and connectivity; interoperability and seamless integration of information, people, profiles, tasks, and needs; security and privacy of individuals and business transactions; and effective business processes.
Its scope includes:
- Agent technology for information filtering, location and dissemination
- Subscription management and issues in recency of information
- Interoperability of different digital objects
- User interfaces
- Electronic commerce, virtual banking, electronic financial transactions
- Economics of digital libraries, intellectual property issues, billing systems, universal access and tariffs.
- Examines the theory and practice of acquisition, definition, organization, management, and dissemination of digital information via global networking.
- Covers all aspects of digital libraries, from ; high-speed networks and connectivity to security and privacy.
- Executive Editor-in-Chief
- Nabil R. Adam
- Erich J. Neuhold,
- Richard Furuta
- Managing Editors
- Ingo Frommholz,
- Basit Shafiq
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 125 days
- Submission to first decision
- 340 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 39,154 (2018)