Finance and Stochastics presents research in all areas of finance based on stochastic methods as well as on specific topics in mathematics motivated by the analysis of problems in finance (in particular probability theory, statistics and stochastic analysis).
The journal also publishes surveys on financial topics of general interest if they clearly picture and illuminate the basic ideas and techniques at work, the interrelationship of different approaches and the central questions which remain open.
In addition, Finance and Stochastics features special issues devoted to specific topics in rapidly growing research areas. The journal serves as an ideal publication platform for both theoretical and applied financial economists using advanced stochastic methods and researchers in stochastics motivated by and interested in applications in finance and insurance.
Officially cited as: Finance Stoch
The first Editor-in-Chief was Dieter Sondermann (1996), who was succeeded by Martin Schweizer (2004).
- Presents research in all areas of finance based on stochastic methods.
- Covers specific topics in mathematics motivated by the analysis of problems in finance.
- Publishes surveys on financial topics of general interest.
- Martin Schweizer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.048 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.961 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 54,700 (2020)
Finance and Stochastics was founded in 1996 by Dieter Sondermann with strong support by many other members of the future editorial board. The idea was to have a high-quality publication platform for both theoretical and applied financial economists using advanced stochastic methods and researchers in stochastics motivated by and interested in applications in finance and insurance. In the last 25 years, Finance and Stochastics has established itself as one of the leading journals in this active field.
A Special Issue of Finance and Stochastics to mark the 25th anniversary will be published later this year. You can find the Editorial by Martin Schweizer and Dieter Sondermann published on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the journal here:
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Index to Statistics
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Computer Science
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)