This Publication of the Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry (SBIC) covers advances in the understanding of systems of metals in biology at the biochemical, molecular and cellular levels. Synthetic analogues mimicking function, structure and spectroscopy of naturally occurring biological molecules are also of interest to the journal. The journal publishes original articles, mini-reviews, reports and commentaries on debated issues.
Benefits for Authors:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online and Print Color Images
- Optional Gold Open Access through Springer Open Choice
- Green Open Access in line with major funder mandates
- Share your article freely through SharedIt
- Official journal of the Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry since 1996.
- JBIC seeks to promote the field of biological inorganic chemistry internationally in order to understand biological function at the atomic level.
- JBIC ranks 8th in the category Chemistry, Inorganic & Nuclear
- 5-Year Impact Factor: 2.876
- Chief Editor
- Nils Metzler-Nolte
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 3.632 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.876 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 155,845 (2018)