Mineralogy and Petrology welcomes manuscripts from the classical fields of crystallography, mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, as well as their applications in academic experimentation and research, materials science and engineering, for technology, industry, environment, or society. The journal strongly promotes cross-fertilization among Earth-scientific and applied materials-oriented disciplines. Purely descriptive manuscripts on regional topics will not be considered.
Mineralogy and Petrology was founded in 1872 by Gustav Tschermak as "Mineralogische und Petrographische Mittheilungen". It is one of Europe's oldest geoscience journals. Former editors include outstanding names such as Gustav Tschermak, Friedrich Becke, Felix Machatschki, Josef Zemann, and Eugen F. Stumpfl.
This Springer Journal does not charge additional submission fee for full-color illustrations of accepted articles. Submit your article today.
Abstracted/Indexed in: Current Contents, GeoRef, SCI and ASCA, Chemical Abstract, Polymer Contents, MSCI, Mineralogical Abstracts, Abstract Service IBZ.
- International journal exploring the entire field of mineralogy, petrology, and geochemistry
- Multidisciplinary coverage is intended to counteract increasing fragmentation in the earth sciences
- Founded in 1872, it is one of Europe's oldest geoscience journals
- Lutz Nasdala,
- Maarten A T M Broekmans
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.573 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.714 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 50 days
- Downloads: 68,073 (2018)