The journal "Acta Neurochirurgica" publishes papers dealing with clinical neurosurgery - diagnosis and diagnostic techniques, operative surgery and results, postoperative treatment - or with research work in neuroscience where underlying questions or results are of neurosurgical interest. As official organ of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies the journal publishes all announcements of the E.A.N.S. and reports on the activities of its member societies.
In addition to the regular journal, "Acta Neurochirurgica" publishes 3-4 supplement volumes per year. These comprise proceedings of international meetings or other material of general neurosurgical interest.
- Free app available on iTunes and Google Play Store
- Publishes papers dealing with clinical neurosurgery
- Coverage includes diagnosis and diagnostic techniques, operative surgery and results, and postoperative treatment
- Official journal of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS)
- Tiit Mathiesen
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.834 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.097 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 22 days
- Downloads: 333,975 (2018)