Surgery Today is the official journal of the Japan Surgical Society. The main purpose of the journal is to provide a place for the publication of high-quality papers documenting recent advances and new developments in all fields of surgery, both clinical and experimental. The journal welcomes original papers, review articles, and short communications, as well as short technical reports("How to do it").
The "How to do it" section will includes short articles on methods or techniques recommended for practical surgery. Papers submitted to the journal are reviewed by an international editorial board. Field of interest: All fields of surgery.
Why publish with us
- We are the official journal of the Japan Surgical Society.
- We publish high quality peer-reviewed articles documenting recent advances and new developments in all fields of surgery, as well as short 'How to' technical reports.
- Our expert editorial team offers a rigorous and swift process, averaging 22 days from submission to first decision and 92 days from submission to acceptance.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 91% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Michiaki Unno
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.878 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.695 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 257,532 (2020)
Combined internal and external negative pressure wound therapy: breakthrough treatment for lymphocutaneous intractable fistula
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Laparoscopic Kasai portoenterostomy for cystic biliary atresia: midterm follow-up results of 35 patients
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Indocyanine green fluorescence imaging for evaluating blood flow in the reconstructed conduit after esophageal cancer surgery
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)