The Wiener klinische Wochenschrift - The Central European Journal of Medicine - is an international scientific medical journal covering the entire spectrum of clinical medicine and related areas such as ethics in medicine, public health and the history of medicine. In addition to original articles, the Journal features editorials and leading articles on newly emerging topics, review articles, case reports and a broad range of special articles. Experimental material will be considered for publication if it is directly relevant to clinical medicine. The number of international contributions has been steadily increasing. Consequently, the international reputation of the journal has grown in the past several years.
Founded in 1888, the Wiener klinische Wochenschrift - The Central European Journal of Medicine - is certainly one of the most prestigious medical journals in the world and takes pride in having been the first publisher of landmarks in medicine.
- Covers the entire spectrum of clinical medicine and related areas such as ethics in medicine, public health and the history of medicine.
- The official journal of the Austrian Society of Internal Medicine (ÖGIM), the Austrian Society of Cardiology (ÖKG) and the Austrian Society of Pneumology (ÖGP).
- Publications in German language are restricted to position papers, recommendations and guidelines of the Austrian Societies that use WKW as their official Journal and to articles which require a special print for local usage. Publications in German language have to be negotiated with the publisher beforehand and will only be accepted as Supplement or special print.
- The journal follows double-blind peer review process involving at least two independent experts.
- Gerold Stanek
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.17 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.038 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 45 days
- Submission to first decision
- 143 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 203,834 (2019)
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar