Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment publishes research papers, reviews and technical notes on stochastic and probabilistic approaches to environmental sciences and engineering, including interactions of earth and atmospheric environments with people and ecosystems. Its core aim is to bring together stochastic modeling research papers in various fields of environmental sciences and to provide an interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas, for communicating on issues that cut across disciplinary barriers, and for the dissemination of stochastic techniques used in different fields to the community of interested researchers. Coverage includes modeling, measurements and instrumentation in the areas of Spatiotemporal analysis and mapping of natural processes; Enviroinformatics; Environmental risk assessment, reliability analysis and decision making; Surface and subsurface hydrology and hydraulics; Multiphase porous media domains and contaminant transport modeling; and more. See full Aims and Scope for more details.
There are no page charges to publish in this journal.
All articles accepted after February 1, 2014 will have free color online and in print.
- Pursues stochastic and probabilistic approaches to environmental sciences and engineering
- Studies interactions of earth and atmospheric environments with people and ecosystems
- Brings together stochastic modeling research papers in various fields of environmental sciences
- 97% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- George Christakos
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.807 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.934 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 58 days
- Acceptance to publication: 8 days
- Downloads: 145,014 (2018)