The journal reports original research of scholarly value in computational engineering and sciences. It focuses on areas that involve and enrich the application of mechanics, mathematics and numerical methods. It covers new methods and computationally-challenging technologies.
Areas covered include method development in solid, fluid mechanics and materials simulations with application to biomechanics and mechanics in medicine, multiphysics, fracture mechanics, multiscale mechanics, particle and meshfree methods. Additionally, manuscripts including simulation and method development of synthesis of material systems are encouraged.
Manuscripts reporting results obtained with established methods, unless they involve challenging computations, and manuscripts that report computations using commercial software packages are not encouraged.
- Publishes original research of scholarly value in computational engineering and sciences
- Focuses on areas that involve and enrich the application of mechanics, mathematics, and numerical methods
- Covers new methods and computationally-challenging technologies
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Peter Wriggers
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 3.159 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.326 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 15 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 168,219 (2018)