Algorithmica is an international journal which publishes theoretical papers on algorithms that address problems arising in practical areas, and experimental papers of general appeal for practical importance or techniques. The development of algorithms is an integral part of computer science. The increasing complexity and scope of computer applications makes the design of efficient algorithms essential.
Algorithmica covers algorithms in applied areas such as: VLSI, distributed computing, parallel processing, automated design, robotics, graphics, data base design, software tools, as well as algorithms in fundamental areas such as sorting, searching, data structures, computational geometry, and linear programming.
In addition, the journal features two special sections: Application Experience, presenting findings obtained from applications of theoretical results to practical situations, and Problems, offering short papers presenting problems on selected topics of computer science.
- Offers theoretical papers on that address practical problems, and experimental papers demonstrating practical importance or technique
- Topics include VLSI, distributed computing, parallel processing, automated design, robotics, graphics, data base design, software tools and more
- Includes special sections on Application Experience, and open Problems
- Ming-Yang Kao
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 0.882 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 0.931 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 174 days
- Acceptance to publication: 16 days
- Downloads: 120,509 (2018)