As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The Journal Architecture, Structures and Construction provides a hitherto nonexistent platform for nurturing the synergy of the disciplines of architecture, building and structural engineering. The scope of the journal encompasses, but is not restricted to, all major aspects of architecture, structures and construction, including acoustics, additive manufacturing and construction, advance building futures, analysis and observation of structures, architectural design, borderline between architecture and engineering, bridge design, building control systems, building envelopes and facades, building information modelling (BIM), building installations and systems, building materials, building pathology, building physics, building technology, construction automation and robotics, construction management, construction trends, digital fabrication development and implementation, energy, solar and lighting efficiency, fire safety, form finding, topology and structural morphology, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, history and theory of architecture, innovative architectural and structural design, inspection and maintenance, life cycle assessment, new materials, rehabilitation and strengthening of structures, resilient buildings, special structures, structural analysis and design, structural design challenges, structural systems, sustainable buildings, tectonic of architectural solutions, testing and certification of building products and more.
Papers considered for publication will be original, high-quality manuscripts that form a significant contribution to the theory or practice of architecture, building and structural engineering; a state-of-the-art work on a topic related to architecture and structural engineering. This includes research papers, review papers, opinion papers, technical notes, discussions, case studies and book reviews.
The whole field covered by Architecture, Structures and Construction opens a wide range of opportunities in the joint pursuit of new concepts, applications and challenges, with an emphasis on collaboration and innovation.
- Focuses on the synergy between architecture, structures and construction.
- Addresses the present social, environmental and economic challenges facing a sustainable and high-performance built environment.
- Stimulates much needed interaction between the world of academia, industry and design.
- All articles published in 2021 and 2022 will be freely accessible.
- Focuses on the synergy between architecture, structures and construction
- Addresses the present social, environmental and economic challenges facing a sustainable and high-performance built environment
- Stimulates much needed interaction between the world of academia, industry and design
- All articles published in 2021 and 2022 will be freely accessible
- Paulo Jorge de Sousa Cruz,
- João Paulo Correia Rodrigues
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
John Zai, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
Guoqing He, Zhejiang University, China
Call for Papers: Special Issue on BIM in Architecture, Structures and Construction: Critical Perspectives
Andy Dainty, Loughborough University, UK
Alexander Koutamanis, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Tom Kvan, SUSTech, China
Žiga Turk, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Deadline for submissions: September 1st, 2021