Medicinal Chemistry Research (MCRE) publishes papers on a wide range of topics, favoring research with significant, new, and up-to-date information. Although the journal has a demanding peer review process, MCRE still boasts rapid publication, due in part, to the length of the submissions. The journal publishes significant research on various topics, many of which emphasize the structure-activity relationships of biologically active compounds. For more information on the areas of research that MCRE publishes, please see the Instructions for Authors.
- Offers prompt publication of experimental achievements in drug design, drug discovery and mechanisms of action
- Covers chemical biological relationships, and correlations of structure with mode of action
- Increases understanding of biochemical interactions
- 97% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Longqin Hu
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.783 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.608 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 30 days
- Submission to first decision
- 104 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 186,463 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of triphenylphosphonium derivatives of acetylsalicylic and salicylic acids: structure-dependent interactions with cancer cells, bacteria, and mitochondria
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Medicinal Chemistry Research is pleased to announce a special issue in honor of Prof. Robert Vince on the occasion of his 80th birthday.
The special issue will be guest edited by Dr. Zhengqiang Wang and Dr. David Ferguson. Interested authors are invited to submit a review paper or research article to this special issue under the broad theme of drug design and discovery. The deadline for submission is 1 November, 2020.
Medicinal Chemistry Research is pleased to announce a special issue dedicated to Prof. Richard Glennon for his many years of dedication to research and education in medicinal chemistry. The special issue will be published to honor Prof. Richard Glennon on the occasion of his retirement from Virginia Commonwealth University after 45 years of dedicated service. Prof. Glennon served as the Editor-in-Chief of the journal from 1992 to 2002. Because of their great vision and pioneering work, the journal is where it is now today, rapidly publishing high-quality medicinal chemistry research from around the world.
The special issue will be guest edited by two editorial board members Profs. Thomas Prisinzano and Glen Kellogg. Interested authors are welcome to submit a review or research article to this special issue. The submission deadline is 1 March, 2021. We aim to have the issue published in early 2021.
Please specify S.I.: Prof. Glennon's Retirement under Additional Information/Questionnaire tab during submission.
We are pleased to announce that Longqin Hu, Ph.D. is the new Editor-in-Chief of Medicinal Chemistry Research, commencing January 1st, 2020.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)