Aims and scope
Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences (PPS) is a monthly journal for the publication of original research papers (Full papers), Perspectives, Communications and Technical notes of current interest in the areas of photochemistry and photobiology.
The journal also contains a Forum section. PPS is published by Springer and is the official journal of the European Society for Photobiology (ESP) and the European Photochemistry Association (EPA). The journal publishes articles on the interaction of light with molecules, supramolecular systems or biological matter.
Topics include, but are not limited to the following.
- Applied photochemistry
- Atmospheric photochemistry
- DNA repair
- Energy transfer
- Environmental photobiology
- Environmental photochemistry
- Excited state properties
- Laser photochemistry
- Mechanistic photochemistry
- Organic and inorganic photochemistry
- Photochemical kinetics
- Photochemistry of biomolecules
- Solar energy utilisation
- Spectroscopy of biological systems
- Supramolecular photochemistry
- Synthetic photochemistry
- Theoretical photochemistry
- UV and visible radiation effects and vision
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more