Aims and scope
Journal of Materials Research (JMR) publishes the latest advances about the creation of new materials and materials with novel functionalities, fundamental understanding of processes that control the response of materials, and development of materials with significant performance improvements relative to state-of-the-art materials. JMR welcomes papers that highlight novel processing techniques, the application and development of new analytical tools, and interpretation of fundamental materials science to achieve enhanced materials properties and uses. Papers reporting the latest advances in the following materials research areas are welcome.
- 2D and nanomaterials
- Additive manufacturing
- Advances in materials characterization methods and techniques
- Artificial intelligence for materials discovery
- Bioinspired materials
- Biomedical materials, regenerative medicine and drug discovery
- Computational materials science, modeling and theory
- Electronic, photonic and magnetic materials
- Energy conversion and storage materials
- Functional and Responsive materials
- Nanomechanics and testing
- Novel synthesis and processing of materials
- Organic and hybrid materials
- Quantum materials
- Structural and thermal materials
Papers on topics in mature research areas such as building materials, recycled and natural materials, and traditional research areas such as corrosion, manufacturing and statistically-designed experiments, tribology and wear, traditional steel technology, welding and related materials fall outside the scope of JMR and are encouraged for submission elsewhere.
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more