Aims and scope
The Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia-Brazilian Journal of Pharmacognosy is a periodical dedicated to the publication of original scientific work, reviews and communications in the field of Pharmacognosy, the study of plants, animals and microorganisms as a possible source of bioactive natural products.
Pharmacognosy is defined, by the Brazilian Society of Pharmacognosy, as the study of the physical, chemical, biochemical, and biological properties of drugs, drug substances or potential drugs of natural origin.
The following areas of interest are covered by the journal:
- Ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology
- Plant biotechnology
- Organic synthesis and analytical studies
- Biological and pharmacological activities
- Pharmacokinetic studies
- Delivery system for natural products
- Phytopharmaceutical technology
- Microbial and marine natural product chemistry and biotechnology