Brain Structure & Function offers free color in print and online for all its papers!
- Brain Structure & Function publishes research that provides insight into brain structure−function relationships. Studies published here integrate data spanning from molecular, cellular, developmental, and systems architecture to the neuroanatomy of behavior and cognitive functions. BS&F does not publish purely clinical or neuropathological papers except in cases where the work actually contributes to the understanding of normal brain structure and function. Research on the peripheral nervous system is not the focus of BS&F.
- Studies of the mammalian nervous system are central to the journal, yet coverage may range beyond this taxon. Methodologies include modern tracing, immunocytochemistry and neuroimaging as well as genetic methods, neuroinformatics (atlases, databases and internet tools), statistical techniques that support the integration of cellular and systems-level anatomical and functional data, and genetic/molecular/electrophysiological approaches to understanding brain organization.
- The journal publishes full-length papers, short communications (maximum five printed pages including figures and references), reviews and letters to the editors that foster a vivid discussion of current topics.
- Methods papers that fit into the mission of the journal are also welcome.
Why publish with us
- Originally launched in 1891, our journal’s enduring reputation helps ensure the visibility and discoverability of your research.
- We welcome all research that advances the understanding of the relationship between structure and function in the brain. Cellular and systems neuroscience is at the journal’s core, in addition to neuroimaging studies with an anatomical focus.
- Expert assessment from our community of highly respected Editorial Board Members ensures that you will be well-supported through the peer review process.
- Laszlo Zaborszky,
- Michel Thiebaut de Schotten,
- Susan Sesack
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.298 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.792 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 199 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 420,736 (2019)
Induction of aberrant agonistic behavior by a combination of serotonergic and dopaminergic manipulation in rats
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
The effect of high-frequency rTMS of the left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex on the resolution of response, semantic and task conflict in the colour-word Stroop task
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Investigating the effects of healthy cognitive aging on brain functional connectivity using 4.7 T resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Brain Structure and Function is delighted to offer authors the option of publishing a graphical abstract alongside their article!
Brain Structure and Function will be publishing a Special Issue on “Structure and Function of the Visual System”, guest edited by Hiromasa Takemura and Marcello Rosa.
We are pleased to announce an open Call for Papers for a new Brain Structure and Function special issue, Guest Edited by Michel Thiebaut de Schotten and Christian Beckmann.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record