Brain Structure & Function offers free color in print and online for all its papers!
- Brain Structure & Function publishes research that provides insight into brain structure−function relationships. Studies published here integrate data spanning from molecular, cellular, developmental, and systems architecture to the neuroanatomy of behavior and cognitive functions. BS&F does not publish purely clinical or neuropathological papers except in cases where the work actually contributes to the understanding of normal brain structure and function. Research on the peripheral nervous system is not the focus of BS&F.
- Studies of the mammalian nervous system are central to the journal, yet coverage may range beyond this taxon. Methodologies include modern tracing, immunocytochemistry and neuroimaging as well as genetic methods, neuroinformatics (atlases, databases and internet tools), statistical techniques that support the integration of cellular and systems-level anatomical and functional data, and genetic/molecular/electrophysiological approaches to understanding brain organization.
- The journal publishes full-length papers, short communications (maximum five printed pages including figures and references), reviews and letters to the editors that foster a vivid discussion of current topics.
- Methods papers that fit into the mission of the journal are also welcome.
- Laszlo Zaborszky
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 3.298 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.792 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 199 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 420,736 (2019)
Auditory and frontal anatomic correlates of pitch discrimination in musicians, non-musicians, and children without musical training
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Multi-aspect testing and ranking inference to quantify dimorphism in the cytoarchitecture of cerebellum of male, female and intersex individuals: a model applied to bovine brains
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
EHMT1 regulates Parvalbumin-positive interneuron development and GABAergic input in sensory cortical areas
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
GABA–glutamate supramammillary neurons control theta and gamma oscillations in the dentate gyrus during paradoxical (REM) sleep
Authors (first, second and last of 15)
Brain Structure and Function will be publishing a Special Issue on “Structure and Function of the Visual System”, guest edited by Hiromasa Takemura and Marcello Rosa.
We are pleased to announce an open Call for Papers for a new Brain Structure and Function special issue, Guest Edited by Michel Thiebaut de Schotten and Christian Beckmann.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record