Aims and scope
The Brazilian Journal of Microbiology is an international peer reviewed journal that covers a wide-range of research on fundamental and applied aspects of microbiology. Manuscripts should be submitted to one of the following sections:
- Bacterial and Fungal Pathogenesis
- Bacterial, Fungal and Virus Molecular Biology
- Biotechnology and Industrial Microbiology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Food Microbiology
- Fungal and Bacterial Physiology
- Human Microbiome
- Veterinary Microbiology
As of April 2nd 2020 the journal no longer considers manuscripts in the field of "Education in Microbiology". Please also note the journal does not accept manuscripts on protozoa/parasitology.
The journal considers for publication original research articles, short communications, reviews, and letters to the editor. For more info, check the submissions guidelines.