The Brazilian Journal of Microbiology is an international peer reviewed journal that covers a wide-range of research on fundamental and applied aspects of microbiology. Manuscripts should be submitted to one of the following sections:
- Bacterial and Fungal Pathogenesis
- Bacterial, Fungal and Virus Molecular Biology
- Biotechnology and Industrial Microbiology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Food Microbiology
- Fungal and Bacterial Physiology
- Human Microbiome
- Veterinary Microbiology
This is the official publication of the Brazilian Society of Microbiology.
Why publish with us
- Our journal publishes advances of broad interest across the entire field of microbiology (excluding protozoa and parasitology).
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- By combining rigorous expert assessment with our extensive peer review network, we provide an efficient service with the highest standards.
- We deliver high levels of author satisfaction, with 92% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Jorge Luiz Mello Sampaio
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.428 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.719 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 144 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 8,343 (2019)
Bradyrhizobium sp. sv. retamae nodulates Retama monosperma grown in a lead and zinc mine tailings in Eastern Morocco
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Influence of relevant cystic fibrosis bacteria on Scedosporium apiospermum and Scedosporium boydii growth and viability
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Effect of substitution of chemical fertilizer by bioinoculants on plant performance and rhizospheric bacterial community: case study with Cajanus cajan
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers.. (read more)
Submissions are now closed.
Looking for content published prior to 2019?
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record