The Brazilian Journal of Microbiology is an international peer reviewed journal that covers a wide-range of research on fundamental and applied aspects of microbiology. Manuscripts should be submitted to one of the following sections:
- Bacterial and Fungal Pathogenesis
- Bacterial, Fungal and Virus Molecular Biology
- Biotechnology and Industrial Microbiology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Food Microbiology
- Fungal and Bacterial Physiology
- Human Microbiome
- Veterinary Microbiology
This is the official publication of the Brazilian Society of Microbiology.
Why publish with us
- Our journal publishes advances of broad interest across the entire field of microbiology (excluding protozoa and parasitology).
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- By combining rigorous expert assessment with our extensive peer review network, we provide an efficient service with the highest standards.
- We deliver high levels of author satisfaction, with 92% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Jorge Luiz Mello Sampaio
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.428 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.719 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 144 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 8,343 (2019)
Evaluation of biosurfactant production potential of Lysinibacillus fusiformis MK559526 isolated from automobile-mechanic-workshop soil
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Production and characterization of poly 3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate in wheat starch wastewater and its potential for nanoparticle synthesis
Trueperella pyogenes pyolysin inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory response in endometrium stromal cells via autophagy- and ATF6-dependent mechanism
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers.. (read more)
Submissions are now closed.
Looking for content published prior to 2019?
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record