Planta publishes timely and substantial articles on all aspects of plant biology.
Current Call for Papers (last updated Oct 2021): We invite you to submit to Phenotyping photosynthetic capacity for crop improvement, an article collection looking for studies that contribute to the understanding of photosynthetic capacity at organ, whole-plant and canopy level and its implication in crop improvement and stress tolerance.
The Editors-in-Chief of Planta are Dorothea Bartels, Institut für Molekulare Physiologie und Biotechnologie der Pflanzen (IMBIO), Universität Bonn, Germany; andAnastasios Melis, University of California, Berkeley CA USA.
Planta welcomes original research papers on any plant species. Areas of interest include biochemistry, bioenergy, biotechnology, cell biology, development, ecological and environmental physiology, growth, metabolism, morphogenesis, molecular biology, new methods, physiology, plant-microbe interactions, structural biology, and systems biology. Review articles summarize recent advances in topical areas of plant biology.
Planta’s cited half-life (the median age of articles that were cited in a given Journal Citation Report year) is >10
Planta's Honorary Editor is Hans Mohr.
Why publish with us
- First published in 1925, our journal has been ranked in the top quartile of plant sciences journals for many years.
- We welcome research in all areas of plant biology, including work on non-model species.
- With our swift and rigorous editorial process, we publish articles in their final form as soon as they are ready, with an average of 10 days from acceptance to publication in 2019.
- We deliver high levels of author satisfaction, with 94% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Anastasios Melis,
- Dorothea Bartels
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 4.116 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 4.316 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 28 days
- Submission to first decision
- 116 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 717,439 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Are the interaction effects of warming and drought on nutritional status and biomass production in a tropical forage legume greater than their individual effects?
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Effect of heat stress on oxidative damage and antioxidant defense system in white clover (Trifolium repens L.)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Different responses of two Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa L. ssp. pekinensis) cultivars in photosynthetic characteristics and chloroplast ultrastructure to salt and alkali stress
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Planta is inviting contributions for a topical collection on "Phenotyping photosynthetic capacity for crop improvement".
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Biological and Agricultural Index
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Food Science Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EBSCO Science Full Text Select
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nucleic Acids Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)