Planta publishes timely and substantial articles on all aspects of plant biology.
We welcome original research papers on any plant species. Areas of interest include biochemistry, bioenergy, biotechnology, cell biology, development, ecological and environmental physiology, growth, metabolism, morphogenesis, molecular biology, new methods, physiology, plant-microbe interactions, structural biology, and systems biology.
Review articles summarize recent advances in topical areas of plant biology.
Planta’s cited half-life
(the median age of articles that were cited in a given Journal Citation Report year) is >10
Planta's Honorary Editor is Hans Mohr.
The Editors-in-Chief are Dorothea Bartels, Institut für Molekulare Physiologie und Biotechnologie der Pflanzen (IMBIO), Universität Bonn, Germany; and
Anastasios Melis, University of California, Berkeley CA USA.
Why publish with us
- First published in 1925, our journal has been ranked in the top quartile of plant sciences journals for many years.
- We welcome research in all areas of plant biology, including work on non-model species.
- With our swift and rigorous editorial process, we publish articles in their final form as soon as they are ready, with an average of 10 days from acceptance to publication in 2019.
- We deliver high levels of author satisfaction, with 94% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Anastasios Melis,
- Dorothea Bartels
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.390 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.687 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 28 days
- Submission to first decision
- 116 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 717,439 (2020)
Differential responses of anthers of stress tolerant and sensitive wheat cultivars to high temperature stress
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Heteromannans are the predominant hemicelluloses in the gametophytic stem of the umbrella moss Hypnodendron menziesii and occur in the walls of all cell types
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Planta is inviting contributions for a topical collection on SORGHUM (Sorghum bicolor)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Biological and Agricultural Index
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Food Science Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EBSCO Science Full Text Select
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Calcium and Calcified Tissue Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Chemoreception Abstracts
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Genetics Abstracts
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nucleic Acids Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)