Pflügers Archiv European Journal of Physiology publishes the results of original research considered likely to further the physiological sciences in their broadest sense. Topics include pathophysiological or methodological issues when these can be used as a tool for further investigation of physiological mechanisms. Papers should give mechanistic insights into physiological functions at the molecular and cellular level. Priority will be given to manuscripts that provide conceptual novelty. Pflügers specifically aims at publishing work on ion channels, transporters, cardiac electrophysiology, and sensory physiology on a molecular and cellular level. The journal welcomes papers linking genomic and proteomic approaches to physiological functions, as well as articles describing work on the mechanistic phenotyping of transgenic animal models.
Details Concerning the Submission and Publication Procedures:
- No Page Charges
- Color is free in print and online
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) - EUR 2990/USD 3760/GBP 2490. VAT or local taxes will be added where applicable.
- Covers the physiological sciences in their broadest sense
- Includes pathophysiological and methodological issues as relevant to physiological investigation
- Armin Kurtz
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 3.377 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 3.286 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 27 days
- Acceptance to publication: 15 days
- Downloads: 359,166 (2018)