The Journal of Bionic Engineering (JBE) is a single-blind peer-reviewed journal that publishes original research papers and reviews that apply the knowledge learned from nature and biological systems to solve concrete engineering problems. The topics that JBE covers include but are not limited to:
- Mechanisms, kinematical mechanics and control of animal locomotion, development of mobile robots with walking (running and crawling), swimming or flying abilities inspired by animal locomotion.
- Structures, morphologies, composition and physical properties of natural and biomaterials; fabrication of new materials mimicking the properties and functions of natural and biomaterials.
- Biomedical materials, artificial organs and tissue engineering for medical applications; rehabilitation equipment and devices.
- Development of bioinspired computation methods and artificial intelligence for engineering applications.
JBE aims to provide a platform for the communication and dissemination of scientific knowledge and novel ideas in the field of bionic science and engineering.
- Applies insight from nature and biological systems to solve bionic engineering challenges
- Offers research on kinematical mechanics and control of animal locomotion
- Explores bioinspired computation methods and artificial intelligence
- Luquan Ren
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.463 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.425 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 33 days
- Submission to first decision
- 142 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 15,266 (2018)