This journal presents research on the development and application of peridynamics modeling and simulation, enabling the solution of complex governing field equations in the presence of jump discontinuities or singularities while providing a bridge between different length scales.
Removing the computational challenges inherent in the classical continuum mechanics, peridynamics has the capability to address challenging problems across different disciplines. These areas of research include failure of materials, multi-scale and multi-physics modeling, computational material design and its micro structural evolution, additive manufacturing, soft tissue modeling, reliability and optimal design, optimization, signal and image processing, digital image correlation, structural health monitoring, mathematical biology, geophysics and rock mechanics, and many more.
- Explores the development of peridynamics
- Analyzes modeling and simulation applications of peridynamics
- Connects peridynamics with high performance computing research
- Stewart Silling,
- Erdogan Madenci
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 73 days
- Submission to first decision
- 55 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 14 (2018)