Call for Papers: “Remote Sensing and Unmanned Aerial Systems”
Editors: Tony H. Grubesic (email@example.com)
Jake R. Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The use of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) for remotely sensing urban, suburban, rural, and remote environments is experiencing tremendous growth. The popularity and wide-applicability of UAS is not only fueling the development of advanced UAS sensors, including multispectral, hyperspectral, and LiDAR, but also driving innovation and pragmatic problem-solving capabilities in many different domains.
Remote Sensing in Earth Systems Sciences is devoting a special issue to highlight research that makes theoretical, methodological, and application-oriented advances in UAS research for the built and/or natural environment. The SI will favor manuscripts that address substantive policy questions and challenges in urban and environmental policy.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Structure from motion (SfM) applications
- Energy and the environment: solar, wind, and fossil energy evaluation and analysis
- Urban planning and analysis
- Smart cities and connected urban infrastructure
- Coastal morphology, erosion, and sedimentology
- Wildlife monitoring
- Environmental justice and the monitoring of amenities and disamenities
- Analyzing the distribution of goods and services
Submission of manuscripts: Due July 1, 2021 (New Date!)
Publication: Last quarter of 2021
Manuscripts may be submitted here: https://www.editorialmanager.com/rses/default.aspx
Author instructions: https://www.springer.com/journal/41976/submission-guidelines
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more