Aims and scope
This Journal publishes original peer-reviewed scholarly research spanning engineering and physical science disciplines as applied to multiscale, multidisciplinary and multi-science problems. It focuses on multiscale, multidisciplinary and multi-science approaches for modeling, analyzing or designing different materials, such as polymers, metals, ceramics, biomaterials, composites and advanced material structures, as well as sophisticated engineering and physical systems. It covers analytical, numerical and/or experimental papers reporting on multidisciplinary or multi-science approaches or providing solutions by bridging different spatial and/or temporal scales. Appropriate papers may present solution techniques to solve multiscale, multidisciplinary and multi-science problems involving engineering, applied sciences, and physical sciences, or multiscale, multidisciplinary and multi-science approaches for designing new materials and systems.
Multiscale and Multidisciplinary Modeling, Experiments and Design is aimed at researchers and practitioners dealing with multiscale, multidisciplinary and multi-science problems in aerospace engineering, bioengineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering. Further disciplines include applied mathematics, applied physics, biomechanics and computer sciences.
The Journal is particularly interested in:
· Studies of multiscale interface behaviors of materials and hierarchical engineering/physical systems
· Solution techniques to bridge different spatial or temporal scales in materials and hierarchical engineering/physical systems
· Analysis of multidisciplinary or multi-science problems
· Solution techniques to couple multidisciplinary and multi-science problems
· Studies of complex multiscale hierarchies
· Development of transdisciplinary theories
· Design and optimization of new materials or engineering systems through multiscale hierarchies
· Design and synthesis of new materials for multidisciplinary and multi-science applications
· Studies on combined multiscale and multiphysics problems or approaches
· Studies of the performance and failure of materials and hierarchical engineering/physical systems using multiscale approaches