Call for Papers
Special Issue on “Nanomanufacturing and Atomic & Close-to-atomic Scale Manufacturing (ACSM)”
Dr Nan Yu, University of Edinburgh, UK; firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Stuart Reid, University of Strathclyde, UK; email@example.com
Prof. Rebecca Cheung, University of Edinburgh, UK; firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Vasileios Koutsos, University of Edinburgh, UK; email@example.com
Scope of this special issue
Papers in all areas of Nanomanufacturing and Atomic & Close-to-atomic Scale Manufacturing (ACSM) technologies will be considered, including but not limited to:
- Fabrication and manufacturing at ACSM scale, including AFM tip-based, STM atomic manipulation, ALE/ALD, hybrid energy beams, etc.
- Fabrication and manufacturing at NM scale, including nano self-assembly, nanocoating, nanolithography, nanopatterning, nanotexturing, etc.
- Ultraprecision manufacturing technologies, including mechanical processes (turning/milling/grinding/polishing), physical processes (photons, electrons, ions, and ultrafast lasers), chemical/electrochemical processes (reactive atoms/plasma, CMP, ECM, MRF), and their hybrids.
- Modelling and simulation technologies for NM and ACSM
- Test-bed/instrumentation/machine development for NM and ACSM
- Metrology and surface characterization technologies for NM and ACSM
Original research papers, review articles and short communications are all welcome. All manuscripts must be submitted through the manuscripts system at: https://www.editorialmanager.com/nmme/default.aspx
Submission Deadline: 15 March 2022
Publication Date: June 2022