Call for Papers
Special Issue "SPM Based Nanofabrication: Machining, Electrochemistry, and Lithography"
Prof. Brian Rodriguez, University College Dublin, Ireland; E-Mail: email@example.com
Dr. Jason Kilpatrick, University College Dublin, Ireland; E-Mail: Jason.Kilpatrick@ucd.ie
Special Issue Information
Papers in all areas of scanning probe-based nanofabrication will be considered, including but not limited to:
- Nanomechanical machining with an atomic force microscope (AFM) probe-removing material by scraping, cutting, milling, etc.
- AFM tip-based nanolithography/nanomanufacturing--top-down manufacturing, functionalization at the nanoscale, etc. -- including dip-pen, oxidative writing, milling, and microfluidic approaches.
- Manipulation (machining, oxidative writing, etc.) of 2D materials and device manufacturing by AFM.
- Tip-assisted deposition, e.g., in combination with bias, light, heating, etc.
- Nanoscale additive manufacturing by AFM-based approaches.
- Scanning probe-based nanofabrication in combination with complementary approaches, e.g., tomography: material removal during in situ measurements of functional properties (C-AFM, KPFM, PFM, Mass Spec, etc.) as a function of depth.
- Writing/controlling magnetic and/or ferroelectric domains.
- Atomic manipulation by STM or non-contact AFM.
- Modeling and simulation of nanoscale fabrication by scanning probe.
Original research papers, review articles, and short communications are all welcome.
Manuscript Submission Information
All manuscripts must be submitted through the manuscripts system at https://www.editorialmanager.com/nmme/default.aspx
A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page.
Submission Deadline: 22 March 2021
Publication Date: May 2021