"Graefe's Archive" is a distinguished international journal that presents original clinical reports and clinically relevant experimental studies. Founded in 1854 by Albrecht von Graefe to serve as a source of useful clinical information and a stimulus for discussion, the journal has published articles by leading ophthalmologists and vision research scientists for more than a century. With peer review by an international Editorial Board and prompt English-language publication, "Graefe's Archive" provides rapid dissemination of clinical and clinically related experimental information.
Why publish with us
- Founded in 1854, we are a leading international journal for ophthalmologists and vision research scientists. We are the official journal of the German Ophthalmology Society, Club Jules Gonin, and the Italian Society of Vitreoretinal Surgeons.
- Our open access fees are covered by Springer Compact agreements for authors from Austria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Manipal, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Sweden, Switzerland, or the UK.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 96% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- We welcome submissions on artificial intelligence for ophthalmology and macular hole.
- Antonia M. Joussen,
- Srinivas Sadda,
- Taiji Sakamoto
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.117 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 2.970 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 102 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 545,447 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Long-term outcomes of viscocanalostomy and phaco-viscocanalostomy in patients with narrow angle glaucoma
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new format - Mini Reviews! Find out more about how these short articles will be addressing the ‘big questions’ currently facing the ophthalmology field...
For this topical collection we seek articles which describe novel applications and significant advances in AI for ophthalmology. Read more...
For this topical collection we seek articles that provide new insights into the pathophysiology, diagnosis, natural history, prognostic factors, and/or management of lamellar or full-thickness macular holes.
Read for free COVID-19 related research articles published in Graefe's Archive
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)