"Graefe's Archive" is a distinguished international journal that presents original clinical reports and clinically relevant experimental studies. Founded in 1854 by Albrecht von Graefe to serve as a source of useful clinical information and a stimulus for discussion, the journal has published articles by leading ophthalmologists and vision research scientists for more than a century. With peer review by an international Editorial Board and prompt English-language publication, "Graefe's Archive" provides rapid dissemination of clinical and clinically related experimental information.
Why publish with us
- Founded in 1854, we are a leading international journal for ophthalmologists and vision research scientists. We are the official journal of the German Ophthalmology Society, Club Jules Gonin, and the Italian Society of Vitreoretinal Surgeons.
- Our open access fees are covered by Springer Compact agreements for authors from Austria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Manipal, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Sweden, Switzerland, or the UK.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 96% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- We welcome submissions on artificial intelligence for ophthalmology and macular hole.
- Antonia M. Joussen,
- Srinivas Sadda,
- Taiji Sakamoto
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.117 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 2.970 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 102 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 545,447 (2020)
Efficacy and safety of single-dose dexamethasone implantation for patients with persistent diabetic macular edema: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Intraocular perfluorodecalin and silicone oil tamponade (double filling) in the management of complicated retinal detachment: functional and anatomical outcomes using small-gauge surgery
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
The effectiveness and safety profile of netarsudil 0.02% in glaucoma treatment: real-world 6-month outcomes
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new format - Mini Reviews! Find out more about how these short articles will be addressing the ‘big questions’ currently facing the ophthalmology field...
For this topical collection we seek articles which describe novel applications and significant advances in AI for ophthalmology. Read more...
For this topical collection we seek articles that provide new insights into the pathophysiology, diagnosis, natural history, prognostic factors, and/or management of lamellar or full-thickness macular holes.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)