The Indian Economic Review is the journal of the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, India. Founded by V.K.R.V. Rao in 1952, the Indian Economic Review is a general economics journal. It provides a platform for dissemination of innovative research in economics that employs theoretical and empirical approaches. It has over the years featured the work of leading economists including Nobel laureates on a wide range of topics in economics. The objective of the journal is to publish high quality papers from contributors across the world, on substantive issues, that will have a lasting impact.
In 2017 the journal transitioned from an in-house publication to being published by Springer. Past issues of the journal are available at JSTOR.
The journal welcomes original submissions in all areas of empirical, applied and theoretical economics. All submissions are first subjected to desk review by the editors and if found appropriate, they are sent for peer reviewing.
The editors of the journal may also commission policy briefs, special issues, and solicit book reviews from time to time.
- Presents scholarly articles on all areas of applied and theoretical economics.
- Features the work of leading economists including Nobel laureates.
- Contributors to the Indian Economic Review include George Akerlof, Pranab Bardhan, Kaushik Basu, William Baumol, Jagdish Bhagwati, Sukhamoy Chakravarty, Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri, Harry Johnson, James Mirrlees, Lawrence Klein, Kala Krishna, Anne Krueger, A.L. Nagar, William Nordhaus, Prasanta Pattanaik, K.N. Raj, Joan Robinson, Amartya Sen, T N Srinivasan, Nicholas Stern, Suresh Tendulkar, Jan Tinbergen, James Tobin, Stephen Turnovsky, and Thomas Weisskopf, to name a few.
- Uday Bhanu Sinha
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 33 days
- Submission to first decision
- 194 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 5,346 (2019)
Econometric analysis of the deficit financing options-growth inclusiveness nexus in India and Nigeria
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Post-doctoral Position/Research Fellowship in Economics: Centre for Development Economics (CDE) and the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG)
The current application window will remain open till 1 February 2021. The selected candidate will be informed by 8 February 2021, and will be expected to join as soon as possible, but definitely by the middle of March 2021.
Application and queries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Paper: INSEE-IIITD International Conference on Sustainable Societies, Ecological Systems and Economic Development
Opportunity to publish with us
A few high quality papers maybe considered for possible publication in Indian Economic Review, the official journal of Delhi School of Economics, India. Contributed articles will be selected by the Journal Editors on the basis of their scholarly value and will be routed through a very stringent reviewing process; participation in the conference does not guarantee an article to be published in the Journal.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)