Earth Systems and Environment (ESE) publishes peer-reviewed original research and review articles on the entire range of Earth System sciences and environment-related topics. The journal has a multidisciplinary character focused upon a set of interrelated scientific topics intended to enhance our understanding of the interactions between various components of the Earth System (e.g. the atmosphere, oceans, cryosphere, land, hydrosphere, pedosphere, lithosphere, Earth’s inner core, and the effects of global change, as well as the effect of biosphere and human activities).
- Expands knowledge of the natural workings and various processes and interactions that govern the Earth systems in response to complex environmental problems caused by natural and human-induced forcings
Coverage includes agricultural and marine sciences, ecology, desertification, pollution, geo-environmental hazards, hydrosphere, lithosphere and troposphere dynamics and more
- The journal is associated with King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (awards and remuneration for authors of the best papers)
- Zekâi Şen
- Managing Editor
- Mansour Almazroui
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 32 days
- Submission to first decision
- 12 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 37,625 (2018)