Introduced in 1914, the journal has presented research work carried out by the Institute and other institutions around the world. Today, it is a quarterly review journal, with each issue edited by one or more eminent researchers acting as Guest Editors.
Examples of articles from recent volumes include these from Vol. 96-1: Non-Intrusive Flow Diagnostics for Aerospace Applications; and Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy as a Flow Diagnostic Tool: A Review.
And from Vol. 96-2: A Pedagogic Review on Designing Model Topological Insulators; and Electrical Transport in Vanadium Dioxide Nanostructures – New Physics and Potential Applications.
This is the official publication of the Indian Institute of Science. The journal only accepts 'Invited Review Articles'.
Peer Review Information: This journal follows a single blind peer review process.
- Founded in 1914, now published as a quarterly review journal
- Each issue is edited by eminent researchers acting as Guest Editors.
- The official publication of the Indian Institute of Science
- G. K. Ananthasuresh
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 0.742 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.073 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 49 days
- Acceptance to publication: 15 days
- Downloads: 13,983 (2018)