Introduced in 1914, the journal has presented research work carried out by the Institute and other institutions around the world. Today, it is a quarterly review journal, with each issue edited by one or more eminent researchers acting as Guest Editors.
Examples of articles from recent volumes include these from Vol. 96-1: Non-Intrusive Flow Diagnostics for Aerospace Applications; and Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy as a Flow Diagnostic Tool: A Review.
And from Vol. 96-2: A Pedagogic Review on Designing Model Topological Insulators; and Electrical Transport in Vanadium Dioxide Nanostructures – New Physics and Potential Applications.
This is the official publication of the Indian Institute of Science. The journal only accepts 'Invited Review Articles'.
Peer Review Information: This journal follows a single blind peer review process.
- Founded in 1914, now published as a quarterly review journal
- Each issue is edited by eminent researchers acting as Guest Editors.
- The official publication of the Indian Institute of Science
- G. K. Ananthasuresh
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 0.742 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 0.800 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 38 days
- Submission to first decision
- 53 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 60,645 (2020)
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record