"Graefe's Archive" is a distinguished international journal that presents original clinical reports and clinically relevant experimental studies. Founded in 1854 by Albrecht von Graefe to serve as a source of useful clinical information and a stimulus for discussion, the journal has published articles by leading ophthalmologists and vision research scientists for more than a century. With peer review by an international Editorial Board and prompt English-language publication, "Graefe's Archive" provides rapid dissemination of clinical and clinically related experimental information.
Why publish with us
- Founded in 1854, we are a leading international journal for ophthalmologists and vision research scientists. We are the official journal of the German Ophthalmology Society, Club Jules Gonin, and the Italian Society of Vitreoretinal Surgeons.
- Our open access fees are covered by Springer Compact agreements for authors from Austria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Manipal, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Sweden, Switzerland, or the UK.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 96% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- We welcome submissions on artificial intelligence for ophthalmology and macular hole.
- Antonia M. Joussen,
- Srinivas Sadda,
- Taiji Sakamoto
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.396 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.258 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 102 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 545,447 (2020)
Automatic detection of leakage point in central serous chorioretinopathy of fundus fluorescein angiography based on time sequence deep learning
Authors (first, second and last of 8)This is part of 1 collection:
Association of retinal detachment with age 50 years or younger at onset in patients with acute retinal necrosis
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Electrophysiology as a prognostic indicator of visual recovery in diabetic patients undergoing cataract surgery
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Intraocular pressure responses to walking with surgical and FFP2/N95 face masks in primary open-angle glaucoma patients
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
For this topical collection we seek articles which describe novel applications and significant advances in AI for ophthalmology. Read more...
For this topical collection we seek articles that provide new insights into the pathophysiology, diagnosis, natural history, prognostic factors, and/or management of lamellar or full-thickness macular holes.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read for free COVID-19 related research articles published in Graefe's Archive
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)